Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Letter- Testimony

Sunday, April 05, 2015
11:14pm

It’s late.  Easter Sunday is coming to a close.  I can’t sleep, probably because I slept in this morning.  I thought I’d get up and write a little bit of my testimony and share it.  I was committed to share my testimony today by the sister missionaries while we were eating at Jennie and Trever’s house this evening.

I know that we have a living prophet that guides us today.  This weekend was general conference.  There were a few talks in conference yesterday and today that addressed some very personal concerns that I have been dealing with.  I have prayed about them, but not really ever voiced them to anyone.  The talks helped me to know what to do and calmed and reassured me.  They helped me to know that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me, and who knows my concern and will help me.  I know that the Lord guides and directs the work of His church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I know that President Monson is the Lord’s prophet today and that we have 14 other prophets, seers and revelators in the first presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles at the head of this church.  I am thankful for their words this weekend.  I know Jesus Christ lives.  I know he loves ME.  He love me even when, probably especially when, I fall short or doubt.  He gives me the tools to build my faith.  To keep going when I feel like nothing I do makes a difference. 

I know that the temple is the House of the Lord.  I know that families can be linked together-- husband to wife, parents to children--so that they might have joy.  I know that Heavenly Father loves each of His children and that He wants each of them to return to Him so he has created temples to allow those children who did not have access to the blessings of temple covenants and the sealing power the SAME blessings of those who did and do have access to the temple.  I love Chad and my children and my extended families.  I am so thankful for the sacred ties of the gospel that bind us together. 

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Mindy

No comments: