Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Craziest Thing?

This morning while I was putting on my makeup Marlee started crying so I held her while I applied my mascara. That got me thinking about some of the things I have done one handed because I was holding a baby, for example making dinner, typing, packing and unpacking boxes (we moved when Karalee was just over 1 month old), etc. However, the craziest thing I have ever done while holding a baby is go to the bathroom. Gross I know, but I really had to go, and I was in a public restroom while Spencer was an older baby and I didn't have anything to set him in, and I wasn't about to put him on the floor, so I held him while I went potty. So now I want to know what are some of the crazy things you have done while holding a baby?

7 comments:

Carroll Conversations said...

Mindy it's so fun to come across your blog and catch up on you and your cute family. Congratulations on Marlee. She is beautiful. I'm so glad all went well.

Well, to answer your question on this blog about crazy things I've done while holding a baby. I remember when my oldest daughter (now 9) was 2 and my son (now 8) was 6 months old, I was nursing him when my 2 year old was on the toilet and needed me to wipe her bottom. As I was standing there wiping her and nursing him at the same time, the thought crossed my mind, "I think I've arrived at motherhood."

Mindy said...

I totally forgot that I have done that too. I potty trained Spencer when Bryant was only a few weeks old. I figured if I had to stay home with a new baby I might as well potty train too. Little did I know that I would be nursing and wiping a bottom at the same time.

Jennifer said...

I have held a baby doing everything that a mom does in a day including using the bathroom and taking a shower. I think moms arms are specially made for this because I bet dad's don't have these kinds of stories to tell!

K Bailey said...

Hey Mindy! Count me in.....I've done the same thing as your post, wiped the bum, and nursed and used the bathroom as well. Glad to know I'm not the only strange one!

kateebailey (@)gmail.com
Katee Rearden Bailey

Deanne said...

I finally can check out your blog and see your new little one. She is beautiful. You never know with your kids what color their hair is going to be. How fun!

Jennifer said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was fun!

Martha said...

This is cute, Mindy! It really got me thinking back to when my kids were newborns. When Devon was born, I typed transcriptions for an insurance company from home. I did that night & day with him in my baby sling and sometimes in my arms or on my lap. Cooking, cleaning, you name it...I did it!
I even remember the bathroom thing too! Funny.