Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

2011 Summer Vacation

We had a fun little last hurrah summer vacation to California from Aug. 4-7.  It was the last weekend of summer.  Kayla was nice enough to let us stay with her again this year.  I only have three pictures, two of which were in the car on the way there, and the other one is from Kayla's phone at the beach.  I remembered the camera, but I didn't remember to take it anywhere, we were having to much fun.

We drove to California on Thursday after my friend's, Maryann Noorda, funeral.  On Friday we went to Knottsberry Farm.  Last year we went at the end of Sept. on a Monday and were spoiled because there were no lines.  This year it was crowded and we had to wait in lines a lot, but we still managed to have fun.

On Saturday we played at the beach.  I LOVE the beach.  It is my ultimate vacation destination.  The beach was more fun than last year because the water was a little warmer, it was still chilly, but not enough to keep us out. 

Sunday we went to Kayla's sacrament meeting then headed home because I thought I had a meeting on Sunday evening, but when I got home I found out it was actually a 7am meeting instead of 7pm.  Oops.  I gave them a heads up that I might not be in town so it was ok. 





No comments: