Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Tribute to Three Wonderful Men

As today is Father's Day, I'd like to honor the three father's who mean the most to me.

First, Chad, the Father of my Children.  I couldn't ask for a more kind, patient, humble, capable, loving, charitable man to be the father of my children.  He looks for the best in others and is a friend to everyone.  He loves being a Father and I love watching him hold our babies.  I am so lucky to be married to him.  My kids are so lucky to have him as their father.  He is amazing.

Chad's first day as a father.  He is holding Spencer just minutes after he was born. Dec. 6, 2001
Chad and Tilly at the Natural Bridge area.
Chad and Spencer indexing
Playing play-doh with Marlee and Tilly





Next is my Daddy.  I am so lucky to have been raised by such an, outgoing, fun loving cowboy.  My dad was kind, a great teacher, a great motivator (sometimes with a spanking), honorable, honest, respectful and respected.  After a recent conversation with my brother-in-law Trever, I pulled out the letters that my Mom and Dad wrote me as part of a stake youth conference.  My parents loved being parents and they were good about praising their children and helping them reach their potential.  I am so lucky to have such a good Father and Mother.  I loved being around my Dad.  He seemed to receive positive attention and praise wherever he went.  He was a friend to all and could find a connection with pretty much everyone he met.




A trip to the State Capitol when the Snowflake Madrigals were invited to sing the national anthem my Senior year. 









And lastly, but not least, is my father-in-law Arthur Sanders.  I am so thankful for him and the wonderful man he helped raise.  He taught Chad by his good example how to be a fun, loving, kind father.  He is inventive and Chad also has that wonderful trait.  He loves the Lord and is a wonderful father and grandfather.





2 comments:

Jewel said...

What beautiful tributes, Mindy--and thank you so much for posting those sweet letters; they were so touching to me! Happy Father's Day!

Mindy said...

Thanks Jewel. I debated about including the letters, but they really show how kind and complimentary my parents were. They looked for the best in me and did not fault find which helped bring out the best in me. I know I can do better about following their example in that regard as I teach my children.