Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Card, Letter and Little Gift

Merry Christmas!!  We are so excited for Christmas in our home.  It is my favorite holiday.  I especially love sending and receiving Christmas cards.  Here is our card and family letter this year.



Among the greatest of gifts is the gift of love.

With 2014 drawing to an end, we pause to reflect on the year’s events and realize that we have been given much love throughout the year.   

Spencer:  On March 1st I was in the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration.  I got to do the fire dance.  It was a really good experience and I enjoyed it a lot.  It rained a ton, but I still had fun dancing.  Now I am in the 7th grade.  Junior high is harder than elementary school, but I’m managing.  Sometimes I have a lot of homework, but most of the time I don’t have that much.  Computers is one of my favorite classes.  We work on a lot of cool projects.  I made the flag football team.  We lost all but two of our games.  We got to go to Mexico during fall break.  I got to go snorkeling with my Dad.  We saw lots of sting rays and an angel shark.  I’m currently on the basketball team.  I like it when I come home from my games and my dad teaches me cool basketball skills to help me with my game. 
I felt love this year when… I was in the cultural celebration.   

Bryant:  This year has been pretty fun.  For spring break we got to go to Lego Land with my Uncle Aaron and Aunt Shannon and their family.  We got to go on some pretty fun rides.  In the summer, we got to go to California for a family reunion.  It was fun because we got to play with our cousins on the beach a lot.  A couple of weeks after that we got to go to Snowflake for the Flake Rodeo and the parade.  During soccer season I didn’t want to play so decided to learn how to cook instead.  My mom is my teacher.  I’ve made stuff like waffles, cookies, pie, and pancakes.  In November I took 5th place in the half mile school turkey trot. 
I felt love this year when… Grandma and Aunt Shannon came to my turkey trot to cheer for me. 

Karalee:  I am 8 years old.  My birthday is on November 1st.  My baptism was on November 15th.  I am in 2nd grade.  I do a lot of math.  I like math.  I like recess too.  Christmas is coming up.  I am going to be happy.  I am in soccer.  On my birthday I scored a goal.  Mostly I play defense.  In January I am going to learn cursive.  I am excited. 
            I felt love this year when… I got baptized.

Marlee:  I am 5 years old.  I like to color.  I am in kindergarten.  My favorite things to do at school are art and recess.  I love learning how to read books.  I love it when my mom reads to me.  I got to play soccer this year.  I was the only girl on my team.  My favorite color is blue.  My favorite food is chicken nuggets and French fries. 
            I felt love this year when… I was loving my Momma.

Tilly:  I just turned 3 years old.  I talk a lot.  I love books.  One of my favorite books is The Three Little Pigs.  I like to “make a tower” out of my books.  I love to color and watch movies.  My favorite movies are “Despicable Me 2”, “Frozen”, “Incredibles”, “Up” and “How to Train Your Dragon 2”.
            I felt love this year when … I went to Grandma Days.     

Chad and Mindy are still holding down the fort at our home in Gilbert.  We enjoy keeping up with our children’s activities…we also enjoy our weekly date night for a little alone time.  Chad serves in the Elder’s Quorum Presidency at church and uses his talents in his “basketball ministry” assignment.  In January Mindy was called to serve in the Young Women’s at church.  She is so grateful to teach and be taught by the amazing young women in our ward.  She was excited to help with the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration and to sing in the Cornerstone Choir for the temple dedication.
We felt love this year… when we spent time with our family.

We love you and hope the gift of love reaches your hearts and home,
The Sanders



And for my gift to you this year, click HERE for a cookbook that I put together with our favorite family recipes.  It is designed to go in a 3 ring binder.  Enjoy!!



No comments: