Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Letter - Normal Week

May 3, 2015

This has been a pretty normal week.  Nothing really big or out of the ordinary happened.  Monday morning it was fun to see letters from a few of you, including Reggie and Jake who are serving missions, to Bryant and Spencer in reply to their letters they sent out last week.  Thank you!  They were so excited for people to write them back.  On Monday I think Chad and I both stayed in our pajamas all day long.  He worked from home and I didn’t have anywhere I needed to go and since I got caught up in doing things around the house and ordering Chad’s birthday present online I never got dressed.  It was nice. 

Tuesday Spencer had his last regular season soccer game.  He scored a goal, with his left foot no less!  Bryant had an interview with our scoutmaster which was his last requirement for his Arrow of Light!!  Hooray for Bryant.  He LOVES scouts.  We had nine laurels come to mutual that night.  We went to Kristen Wilcox’s house, our laurel advisor, for waffles and then we went and watched a girl in our ward open her mission call.  She is going to Paraguay.  It was fun to do that with the laurels. 

Spencer got hired to mow the neighbor’s yard on Wednesday.  He’s glad he has a regular gig mowing their lawn now. 

Thursday morning I had a YW board meet at my house.  We planned out our upcoming combined YM YW Grad night dinner.  Chad had two church basketball games that night and Bryant had basketball practice.

Friday I paid the bills and got started on my young women lesson about personal revelation.  I had known the experience I was supposed to share with the girls for a few weeks, and I had listened to all the conference talks in the Come Follow Me outline for my topic while I walked during the week, but I didn’t finally started putting together a lesson plan on Friday.  Spencer had a birthday party to go to that evening so Chad and I hired Melissa, a young women in our ward, to come babysit for us while we went to ward temple night. 

Yesterday Bryant had a basketball game at 8:00am.  It was a very exciting game and went into overtime.  His team won by 1 point by making three pointer in the last few seconds of the game!  Then we went to watch Spencer’s soccer playoff game.  His team lost in the first round.  They played a really good team that was all Mexican.  Since we got so hot sitting out watching Spencer’s game we decided to all go swimming at the Lamoreaux’s.  Then the girls and I went to my nephew Connor’s birthday party.  It was fun to visit with Brandon and Jennifer again.  Then we came home and I worked on my lesson some more.  Then we went to our neighborhood shindig put on by the HOA.  They put on a spring and fall shindig every year.  The serve hotdogs and sodas and have lots of bounce houses, ponies, a petting zoo, a dj, rock walls, etc.  It’s really fun.  We have a good neighborhood, for the most part.  It was a full day.  With lots of fun!

Today I had ward council from 9:30-11:00 and then after going to dinner at Brenda’s house I had a priest laurel fireside.  We got to listen to our stake patriarch, Bro. Layton, and his wife.  I appreciated getting to listen to them.  My thought for today will be from Bro. Layton’s talk.  He talked about the importance of being where you are supposed to be, when you are supposed to be there and then he said he and his wife went to church on their honeymoon and they go to church when they go on vacations because he knew that his kids would use whatever reasons he might have used for not going to church and then come up with more reasons of their own not to go.  I think that is true.

Love,

Mindy

No comments: