Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I am a big loser!

It's official, I have now lost 30 pounds. I started my journey on June 15th. I went to Jeff and Celeste's weight loss clinic and met with their nutritionist, got a body scan, and got a diet plan worked out just for me. (I wasn't able to do the HCG because I am nursing my baby, so the nutritionist really had to personalize things for me. Thanks Denise.) I lost 15 pounds the first month, then I had my accident. I was able to maintain my weight while I was pretty much immobile, then I have chipped away at the other 15 pounds since then. I still have some more to loose because last week I found out I still have high cholesterol. I really don't want to have to take medication to lower it, I am too young for that.

I has been a long time since I have felt good about my body. I am so thankful I found something that works for me. Thank you SO much Jeff and Celeste for helping me and encouraging me.

Now for a funny story. Two nights ago I had a dream that Robert Downey Jr. tried to ask me out and he gave me his phone number. I told him no but he just wouldn't give up. During my dream I thought, wow, losing weight and looking better is going to cause me some problems. Why Robert Downey Jr. you ask? I have no idea. I don't even think he is really cute or that great of an actor, but Chad and I did see the trailer for the Sherlock Holmes movie that he plays in the night I had my dream so I guess that's why he showed up.

Now for the pictures.


I took this picture today


This picture was taken back in June. I have really debated showing it because I don't like the way I look in it. When I saw it, I became really motivated to lose weight.

7 comments:

Larson Family said...

Congratulations Mindy!
You look great. I was thinking that at Thanksgiving and I don't remember if I told you that or not, but you did.

Anna said...

Mindy, you look fantastic! Your story is inspirational. You just gave me a boost!

Amy said...

Good job Mindy, you do look great. And thanks for all the tips you've been giving me!

TheShumWAYS said...

You look awesome! What was your secret?

Celeste Dana said...

Way to go Mindy, I'm going to forward this to Denise!

Melis said...

Wow Mindy! That is an awesome announcement! I had no idea you were trying...of course I only see you about once a year or so. Congratulations. It is so hard to discipline yourself to loose weight. Way to go!!!

Jennifer said...

YAY!!!!! That is awesome! You look great!