Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July and a Camping Trip

It was nice to celebrate the 4th of July on Sunday this year. At church I bore my testimony and shared my gratitude for those who helped bring about the freedoms that allowed the church to be restored and I also shared my gratitude for the Pioneers. I love July and the Snowflake Pioneer Day celebration that brings my family together every year. In my opinion, it is the 2nd best time of the year, Christmas being the best.

I only have two pictures from the 4th of July. One of Marlee hanging out the the jeep playing with the empty bubble bottle and wand. They keep her entertained for a long time. She likes putting the wand in the bottle and taking it out over and over again.


I convinced Karalee to take a nap before we had some of Chad's side of the family over to watch fireworks from our backyard and to play games. When they all arrived I went to wake her up for the party and saw this. It made me laugh. Earlier during the day, Marlee got the bottle of Listerine out and left in on the floor. Karalee decided to nap on the floor instead of the bed. The Listerine bottle looks a lot like a liquor bottle and Karalee looks like she passed out from drinking.

For our Sanders' family reunion this year we went camping on Tonto Creek. It was fun, except for the part where I had a melt down, or anxiety attack, or bad attitude, whatever you want to call it. It happened when it started raining and everyone was crowded under the shade areas. I got claustrophobic and started dreading another poor nights sleep. I wanted to go home right then. I get those feelings when I am really tired. I have had them in Snowflake when everyone crowds into the house and I have stayed up too late talking. I don't like those feelings. Anyway, here are the pictures from our camping trip.



Chad and I taught the family how to play Canadian Salad. We laughed when no one could remember the name of it. They called it Caesar Salad, Fruit Salad, and something else I can't remember. Chad has called it Canadian Bacon before. Funny.


Shannon keeping Marlee and Calvin out of the dirt for a little while.

Spencer and Bryant each caught their first fish!

Aaron taught us how to play bowling ball croquet. It was really fun. We let the little kids use a volleyball since the bowling balls were too heavy.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mindy, you made me feel human. I am glad I am not only one who goes into a little bit of "freak out" mode when things are crowded and I am tired. I find myslef trying to stay away from situations like that. Usually prepping myself mentally and going into it knowing things are not going to be ideal helps.

Deanne said...

Good times! I love all the pictures and unusual games.