Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Two Granola Recipes

Here in the Sanders family we LOVE granola.  I almost always try to have some made and stored in the pantry.  I store it in the plastic tupperwareish cereal containers.  The recipes below are my favorite granola recipes.  For all of my recipes I use the quick rolled oats that you buy in the buckets from Costco because they have 17g of fiber and 6g of protein per serving which is way more fiber than I have found in any other type of oats.

Peanut Butter Granola (I got this recipe from my sister Amy.  She adds raisins but I don't.  I also changed the amounts of the ingredients a little bit.)

1/2 cup oil
1 cup peanut butter (I use creamy)
1 cup brown sugar
10 - 12 cups oats depending on how wet you like your granola
1/2 cup honey

Put the oats in a large mixing bowl.  In a smaller bowl stir the oil into the peanut butter.  Stir the brown sugar and the honey into the peanut butter mixture.  Spread granola into a large roasting pan** and bake at 300 degrees for 15-20 min. stirring occasionally.  Add raisins when cool if desired.



Yummy, Yummy Granola (I got this recipe from my sister Crystal.  My sisters are the best!!  This is probably my favorite recipe, hence the two yummys in the title, but with all the butter and sugar it contains it isn't very healthy so I have been trying other recipes.  However, none of other the recipes I have tried taste this good.)

10 cups oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped almonds
2 cubes butter (real butter vs. margarine makes it taste so good)
2 cups brown sugar

Add all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well.  Melt the butter and brown sugar together in the microwave, mix well.  Pour the butter mixture into the oats and mix until all the oats are coated.  Spread granola into a large roasting pan** and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


**(If you don't have a large roasting pan you can cut the recipes in half and use a large cookie sheet.)

No comments: