Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hymns are Powerful Sermons

I love Hymns!  I love primary songs and sacred music.  I love that with only a few, simple words they can teach powerful sermons.  I love that they can penetrate deeply into my soul.  Several times in my life I have had words to hymns and primary songs come to my mind to give me comfort and peace and/or teach me the words of God.  On Monday morning as I was driving school carpool we were listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Pandora.  As they sang “Where Love Is” the phrase “'Tis love we get when love we bring” stood out to me.  To back track a little farther, on Sunday in my ward’s Gospel Doctrine Sunday School class, my friend Nicole Rudd shared that when we do good to others, we get good returned to us because it is a principle of the law of the harvest.  So on Monday morning that phrase stood out to me as another principle of the law of the harvest.  It also reminded me to give love in all my relationships and to teach my children to love others if they want to be loved.

No comments: