Search This Blog

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Letter - Lots of Happenings Around Here

September 7, 2014


The last two weeks have gone well.  Between the whole family we’ve had a dentist appointment, school, Spencer’s flag football games, a priest/laurel bunko night that was a big success, a court of honor, Grammy Days, Elder’s quorum visits, a presidency meeting, ward temple night, carpool, a cup cake class, a relaxing Labor Day, kickball FHE with neighbors, church basketball, a birthday party, a funeral, a campout, a fun salt river ym/yw tubing activity, Brenda’s birthday, date night, ward council this morning, presidency meetings this afternoon, indexing, and a cookie night at our friends house.  It really hasn’t been all crazy busy, just bursts of busyness.  Every afternoon Tilly and I get to slow down and relax and more often than not she takes a nice nap. 
Spencer’s flag football game on Thursday went well.  Last week he played guard on defense and I promised him a $1 every time he sacked the quarterback.  (I’m not sure if it’s still considered a sack if it’s not tackle football?)  The first play of the game he was anxious to earn some money and got an off sides penalty.  Oops.  He played well the rest of the game though and dodged several blocks to put good pressure on the quarterback he even got one sack earning $1.  Chad made it to part of that game and got to see his big play as he was coming in.
Things are going pretty well at home except that last week we had WAY too much whining and we’ve talked about some consequences if things don’t shape up.  I’m fed up with it.  However, I feel like my kids are very good and I am proud of them and I am proud to be their mother.
Chad’s work is going well.  He’s tired of the stress, but does such a good job persevering through it as he fulfills his responsibility to provide for our family.  He lost another loan officer last week and tried to hire two more L.O.’s earlier this month but things didn’t work out.  He needs to hire a couple more experienced loan officers.  It’s a stressful position though.
Spencer loves scouts, and football.  Bryant loves webelos, his friends and is improving nicely in band.  He wishes he could be done with the piano, but doesn’t complain too much about it.  Karalee loves her new friends at school.  One friend, Reagan,10:11 PM drew her a picture and it said BFF on it.  Karalee saw that and said, “I never had a BFF before.”  I think she was excited.  Marlee is doing well at kindergarten.  She will be starting her first season of soccer soon along with Karalee and Bryant.  She will be playing on a boys’ team since my friend is coaching it.  I think she’ll hold her own.  She’s pretty feisty.  J  Tilly is so cute.  She talks all the time.  She loves to watch the movie “Up” and she loves books.  When she plays by herself, she flips through the pages and says the parts of the stories that she can remember. 
I’ve been having some twitches or spasms over the last few months.  Sometimes my arm will move involuntarily or it will be my shoulder or my leg or my jaw.  It is so random.  Two weeks ago they got really bad and it started to concern me.  They happen a lot when I try to go to sleep, which freaks me out and then I have had a hard time sleeping.   I can tell that it comes from the base of my neck.  My chiropractor said I am really tight when I brought it up to him.  I finally looked up about it on the internet which is not a good idea for a hypochondriac like me and I scheduled a doctor’s appointment.  The website I read said it could be several things, some of which were scary, but tightness in the neck and imbalance of vitamins especially lack of magnesium could also be the cause.  I decided to try to stretch really well and to start taking my vitamins more regularly and to take my magnesium pills again.  It has helped!!  They have gone away.  I ended up canceling my doctor’s appointment.  If it comes back I’ll go get checked out.
We sure love our family and friends and pray for you.  There are some who have some hard trials they are dealing with.  We continue to love and pray for you.  I know prayer is a real power.
My quote for today is a phrase that my friend Kristen Wilcox shares often with the Young Women.  “Blowing out someone’s candle, doesn’t make yours shine any brighter.”  I know it is important to be happy for people who have good things happen to them and to try to not bring others down to make you feel better.


Love,
Mindy

No comments: