Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Letter from June 10 - Catch Up

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

It has been a month since my last letter.  We in now in our 3rd week of summer and we only have 6 weeks of summer left since our school has moved to the year round schedule now.  I am kind of bummed we don’t get much summer, but I am really looking forward to having two weeks for fall and spring breaks though.  We will be able to go and do fun outdoor activities in the nice weather. 

I won’t be able to catch up on everything that has gone on in the last month, but I’ll write about a few of the highlights.  My nephew Levi finished his 2 year mission in Guatemala.  His flight plan home changed at the last minute due to some elders sleeping through their alarms (not Levi) so instead of flying into Show Low he ended up flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor on Thursday May 14th.  We were hosting an end of the season basketball party for Bryant and his Wham team that night in our back yard so we didn’t get to go see him come off the plane.  I was really sad about that because watching a returned missionary greet his family is one of my favorite things to witness.

May 15th Chad and I went out to dinner with our friends Chani and Josh.  It was fun to catch up with them again.  I sure am grateful for their friendship.  We can go for a long time without seeing each other, but still pick up like no time has passed. 

May 16th we went on a group date with several of Chad’s siblings.  We got to meet Hayley’s fiancé Nick.  Anna and her fiancé Tyler were there too.  I like both Nick and Tyler.  I still don’t know Tyler that well, but I’ve noticed he makes Anna happy.  Nick was really funny and seems like a great match for Hayley.  Hayley will be getting married on July 25th and Anna will be getting married on Aug. 1st.  I’m a little bummed to miss part of the Snowflake pioneer day celebrations, but being able to attend Hayley’s wedding is worth it.  I love that girl.  We will get to attend the Virgil and Gerda reunion on Thursday July 23rd at Tom’s pond and the Flake rodeo, luncheon and program on the 24th though.  So we won’t miss out on everything that weekend.

May 21st was the last day of school.  Marlee graduated from kindergarten.  She will be going to school all day now.  I’m pretty sad about that.  We drove up to Snowflake that evening and stayed until Memorial Day.  It was a wonderful trip to Snowflake.  I love Snowflake.  It’s good for my soul to go back to that town filled with so much of my heritage and to be surrounded by siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins who know and love me.  The highlights of that trip were:
  • Going to the temple with my niece Molly as she received her endowments—Chad and I got asked to be the witness couple which was really a great honor on such a special occasion.
  • Listening to Levi give a wonderful report of his mission.  He gave a wonderful report.  He is a great speaker.  He grew to become better man on his mission.  I noticed wonderful changes in him.  He had a lot of rough experiences and last chance companions that humbled him and strengthened him and helped him grow.
  • Visiting with family
  • Attending Leah’s and Katie’s graduation
  • Helping clean out the sun porch and my dad’s office and coming across some cool old pictures of the ranch families that I had never seen before.
  • Branding calves – I didn’t help.  I just watched.  My kids were also content just to watch.
  • Family luncheons
  • Going out to eat with Chad, Crystal, Darrell, Doug, Kari and Alden.
  • Walking around my old neighborhood for my daily exercise—having Bob’s dog walk beside me, stopping to say hello to Aunt Nerita and Uncle Dean, Uncle Steve (Aunt Sharla was gone) and Levi and the rest of Shon and Pam’s family.


Spencer got sick again as school let out.  (He was sick at spring break and at Christmas break too.)  He got a double ear infection.  Poor guy.  I hope he doesn’t get sick next school year every time he gets a break from school.  He’s doing better now and is away at Camp Raymond for scout camp this week.  He was really looking forward to it.  I can’t wait to hear about his experiences.  We sure miss him around here.

June 1st we were invited to have FHE with our friends the Washburn’s.  We went to the splash pad in their neighborhood and played water games.  Our friends the Snell’s were there too.

Thursday night June 4th Spencer met with Trever to pass off his Personal Management and Citizenship in the Community merit badges and to pass of two parts of his Emergency Preparedness merit badge that were prerequisites for scout camp.  When Spencer gets back from scout camp all he will lack for his Eagle is to do the communication, camping and personal fitness merit badges, and to do his Eagle project.  He’s mostly done with camping and personal fitness.  He’s almost there! 

Amy and David and their family have stayed with us for the last few days.  They got here Friday and will leave this evening.  It has been really fun having them here.  They recently moved up to Snowflake, but came down for a wedding reception last weekend and David had work down here two days this week so rather than have them drive two cars down I invited them to stay the whole time.  Yesterday Amy and I and our kids went swimming at the Lamoreaux’s.  By the time we were done Josh and Mary got more comfortable swimming and remembered how fun it could be.

Last night around 1:00am I am afraid I miscarried my baby.  I’m still not 100% sure but the doctor’s office said since I’m only 5 ½ weeks along all I can do is wait and see.  I found out a few weeks ago that I was pregnant.   I had similar miscarriages between Joseph and Bryant and Karalee and Marlee.  Chad and I planned this pregnancy and were really excited to have another baby.  A miscarriage is hard to deal with.  I am very sad, I am sure Chad is too, but after losing Joseph when I get pregnant I pray that if there is anything wrong that I’ll miscarry before having to go through a whole pregnancy and then lose the baby.  This was my 9th pregnancy.

My quote for today is from Elder Uchtdorf’s talk The Infinite Power of Hope
“The adversary uses despair to bind hearts and minds in suffocating darkness. Despair drains from us all that is vibrant and joyful and leaves behind the empty remnants of what life was meant to be. Despair kills ambition, advances sickness, pollutes the soul, and deadens the heart. Despair can seem like a staircase that leads only and forever downward.
“Hope, on the other hand, is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn. It encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear.”
I am not in despair.  I have hope and I trust Heavenly Father.  He has blessed me so much.

Love,
Mindy



  

No comments: