Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Personal Progress – Good Works Value Experience #3

February 12, 2016

Personal Progress – Good Works Value Experience #3
Read Mosiah 18:7–10, and in your journal list three ways you can comfort others or help them bear their burdens. Do the things on your list, and tell a family member or leader about the experience and how your attitude and understanding have changed.

·         Massage Bryant’s sinuses, head and neck since he has a headache and sinus trouble today.
·         Check in on Sharon Miller to see the results of her chest x-ray since she is dealing with some health challenges.
·         Go to Snowflake this weekend so we can be with my Mom over Valentine’s Day so she won’t feel quite as lonely without my Dad on Valentine’s Day.

February 16, 2016

When I massaged Bryant’s sinus, head and neck it helped me feel good that I could bring him a little relief from his sickness and I had hope that it would help break up the infection so he would get better faster.  It helped me care for him more and be more considerate of his condition.

When I checked in on Sharon I felt like I was a good friend and I hoped that by checking in on her she felt support through her burdens.  It helped me have a desire to be a good friend to more people.


It was a neat experience to be with my Mom on Valentine’s Day.  As I was there trying to help her feel less lonely, I was able to witness service and companionship that my family members do for her on a regular basis and on special days too.  It helped me want to do more for her even though I do not live close by.  I will have to think about good things that I can do for her.

No comments: