Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Letter - Reunion, Bryant's in the Friend Magazine

Sunday, June 26, 2016

As I went to save this letter on my computer I noticed that I wrote a letter on this date back in 2011.  Here is a fun excerpt of what life was like five years ago:

I am 16 weeks along now.  We will find out in a couple of weeks if we are having a boy or a girl.  We let the kids vote on whether to find out what the baby is at the doctors or wait until I have the baby in the hospital.  Spencer really wanted to wait, but Bryant and Karalee want to find out so their votes won. 

That was when I was pregnant with Tilly, crazy that we ever got along without her. 

The last two weeks have been great.  Wednesday evening on the 15th we had a baby shower for Chad’s sister Anna in our home.  I was glad to host it.  Other than provide my house I didn’t do much for the shower besides being in charge of a price is right game and buying cream puffs.  I’m excited for Anna to become a mother; she’ll be a great Momma.

I finally got to meet my new neice Liberty.  Hayley and Nick's daughter.  She is a doll.












Thursday June 16th we left town for a Sanders’ family reunion.  Brenda rented a large, amazing cabin near Christopher creek.  We had a good time.  My favorite part was kayaking and fishing at willow springs lake and playing Rook and other games.  Family reunions, especially when you are staying in the same home, provide a great place to implement the teaching of Jesus Christ.  Families really do “help us become what He wants us to be” (The Family is of God).  It was interesting to notice the different parenting styles and personalities of the kids.  I thought it went well. 

Hayley and Liberty got to ride with us to the reunion!

A photo like this with the girls standing on the top deck of the cruise ship with the ocean in the background is what I was most sad about losing when my phone got wet a couple weeks ago. Luckily it's a cute pic in the forest too.








I loved seeing my kids have such a good time with their cousins, aunts and uncles.




Like the kids' camp fire?  I thought it was so cute.









We got home from the reunion on Monday the 20th and we’ve gone back to our busy schedule of sports camps and things.  Spencer mowed several lawns this week and has almost completely payed back his $125 portion (half of the total cost) of his week-long football camp that he will be attending with the school team in Round Valley in July.  That means he’s put more than that much in his mission fund!!  He has over $2,000 saved for his mission.  He’s been putting half of all the money he’s ever earned into his fund since he was born and it has added up!

I saw this street named Trigger when I took Spencer to a lawn mowing job outside of our neighborhood.  I had to take a picture to show my great-nephew Trigger.
Tuesday for our Cub Scout pack activity (during the summer we have pack activities instead of pack meetings) I taught the cub scouts how to play volleyball.  I lowered the net so they would be able to get it over and they each successfully learned how to pass the ball and serve it over the net and play the game.  It was fun.  Wednesday I refereed the stake YW volleyball.  It is sure fun to see my former young women and to say hello and catch up with them.  Friday evening Chad and I went to our ward temple night and after the session we went out for ice cream with three other couples.  We’ve made plans to go out again and invite other couples who come to ward temple night too.  We plan to try Petersen’s Ice Cream.  They have an ice cream sandwich made out of a bosa donut and sealed back together in a Panini press.  I heard about it a couple of months ago and now I really want to try it.  Yesterday we fed the sister missionaries.  I asked them what they wanted to eat and they requested something light because they’ve had too much pasta lately and they feel so full when they get back on their bikes.  So I served BBQ chicken salad with tomatillo ranch with grapes and chips and fresh salsa from my garden for sides.  For dessert we had vanilla bundt cake (I used Jennifer’s (Tyler’s) pistachio pudding bundt cake recipe with vanilla pudding) with cool whip and nectarines.  It was quite delicious if I do say so myself and the missionaries were so grateful and appreciative.


Today we found out that Bryant is in the July 2016 friend!! He noticed his picture when the family in front of us in sacrament meeting was looking at the magazine. He wrote to the Friend for part of his communication merit badge requirements.  He didn’t even tell anyone about seeing his picture in it until we got home from church then he pulled out the Friend to make sure it was really him and showed it to us.  That was a fun surprise.



Tilly will curl up to me and fall asleep almost anywhere.  I love it.
This week in my 5K training I ran 25 mintues without stopping!  I also walked 5 minutes to warm up and 5 minutes to cool down.  I still don't like running.
Spencer plans to do his eagle project with this organization if it gets approved.
My quote for today is from Elder Gong’s recent conference talk Always Remember Him“We can become someone others remember when they most needed help.”  I hope to be that type of person.  I love each of those who I send this letter to.  I hope you are happy and have the righteous desires of your hearts met.  If you are in need of help, I hope you think of me and ask me.

Love,
Mindy

P.S. I’ve worked on compiling of our family movies.  I put some of them on YouTube.

Feb. 2012 – Apr. 2012:  https://youtu.be/I3Hoolrr1Js
April 2012 – Dec. 2012:  https://youtu.be/mA0F87vTDFE

Jan. 2013 – Sept. 2013:  https://youtu.be/hH1l0oQv3MY

No comments: