Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2016

Letter - August life

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Last Sunday night I didn’t write because we were playing games as a family and I wanted to participate instead of spending the evening at the computer. 




I’ve spent a lot of time learning about my cub scout calling, learning about what I will need to do in the rechartering process, doing online training, fixing the tracking program we use because some of our boys got deleted, getting adult leaders, including myself, and several boys who were split into the new ward registered into our ward’s troop.  I’m starting to learn to like Cub Scouts.  I still don’t really like it, but I’ve decided to stop whining about it and do my best.

I delivered and mailed off surprises to those who responded to my letter on Aug. 7th where I said, “I sure hope things have been going well for you and your families.  If you write me back and let me know how you’re doing I just might send you a surprise!”  Thank you Jennifer Lee, Jewel, Jayze and Lindsey for writing me!!  I hope you each enjoyed your surprise. 



Chad went with Bryant on his scout camp out on Aug. 19th.  They had a good time, except Chad’s back went out again as they were loading up.  He originally hurt his back digging up some pearl scale that has infested our grass in the back yard and unloading all the infested dirt at the dump.  We sure hope we have been able to get rid of all the pearl scale.  We’ve heard it is leprosy for grass and that we might as well just move because it is so hard to get rid of.  Chad’s back is feeling mostly better now and he was able to play volleyball and basketball again this week. 

Spencer, Karalee, Marlee, Tilly and I went out for dinner while Chad and Bryant were camping.

Last Saturday night, Aug. 20th, we had a ward adult game night at the church.  It was really fun.  It was a good way to get to know members of our new ward and break the ice.  There were some really fun group games and lots of funny moments.

Friday, Aug. 26th, we held a party for Brenda’s 60th birthday that is coming up next month.  Heather planned it and we just held it at our house and helped with drinks and an appetizer.  There were several people who came, our home wasn’t quite big enough for that many people, but it was still a nice time.  It was fun to celebrate Brenda’s wonderful, service filled life.   

Yesterday Chad started a big project of refinishing our kitchen table.  Both of us noticed as we were cleaning up the house for Brenda’s party how worn it has gotten.  He also trimmed our trees too.  He’s had lots of Saturday projects lately.  We still need to get the holes in our yard filled from where he removed all the pearl scale.  I also would like to have him replace all the wood in our side RV gate and other little gate that leads into the back yard so he’ll have stuff to keep him busy for a while.  Last night Chad and I went to dinner with Rich and Camille Kempton, a couple from our ward.  They are a fun couple and it was nice to visit with them and get to know them better.


Today I got to sub Tilly’s primary class.  It was so fun. 

My quote today is from a comment Sis. Jackson in our ward made in relief society last week.  “Seek to understand before seeking to be understood.”  I think this is very wise and would help prevent many misunderstandings. 

Love,
Mindy


P.S.  If you write me back and let me know how you are doing I would love it.  I might send a surprise!

P.S.S.  Here are several other pics from Aug. 14-28th.  Enjoy.

Tilly's blanket cape.
I love Chad's ability to work from home from time to time.  It is literally a cushy job when he's working at home.
Another day ... another life saved!  I'm glad I'm able to donate blood.
Tilly got ahold of my phone.  I love her cute selfies.






Chad took Marlee to a d-backs game.  He got free work tickets with all you can eat hot dogs, popcorn, soda, etc.
Bryant's first time to go to the temple.



Spencer still has his lawn mowing business.

The girls and I watched Beauty and the Beast.  She got scared of the Beast and ran into the closet to hid, but had to peek at the movie too.
Karalee and Marlee weren't scared.
Spencer invited his friend Carson over to play ping pong.
Karalee got to go to her friend Natalie Sedig's birthday party and make a necklace.
Tilly's cute bee costume and bird she made while learning about the letter B at preschool.
Tilly asked me to take a picture of her little town.

No comments: