Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

P.S. to yesterday's letter - Correspondence from Elder Oaks

November 14, 2016

I forgot to include something in my letter yesterday.  My Mom received some correspondence from Elder Oaks.  I want to include it in my letter because it reflects the good character of my parents and I want my children to know how wonderful their grandparents are.  The excerpts below are from my Mom’s weekly letters explaining the letters she received.

Love,
Mindy


Sunday, October 30, 2016

I was very comforted this week when I went to work on my regular shift at the Temple, when Bro. Ray West handed me a card from Elder Dallin Oaks.  He was told to give it to me by way of a Bro. Sperry who had come to check things out at the “Church Ranch” in Taylor.  I learned that this ranch is one of the very few who still run cattle in the same way most people do here in this mountain area.  Anyway, I received the card and then in the middle of the night, I awoke and had to write a letter of “Thanks” to Elder Oaks.  I guess he still thinks of Jake Flake when he thinks of this area, because he was the one who called and set him apart as the Stake President a long time ago.  I have to admit that I didn’t get a lot of sleep that night, but it was okay.


Sunday, November 13, 2016

I had another nice experience happen to me this week.  I got a letter in the mail from Dallin H. Oaks.  I told you that I awoke in the middle of the night after receiving his business card in the “round-about” way that it came, and had to write a letter of “thanks” to him.  His reply stated, 
“Dear Sister Flake, Thank you for your gracious letter of Oct. 27th, received when I returned from a trip to Central America.  I chuckled at the round-about way it reached you, but I am very pleased that it did.
I remember you and Jake with great fondness, and congratulate you on your wonderful expanding family.
Sincerely your brother, signature and printed, Dallin H. Oaks”

No comments: