Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2016

letter - Thanksgiving

November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving is over now.  It has been a wonderful holiday week.  However I’ll back up a bit before that first.  

Tuesday November 15th we had our pack meeting in our backyard so we could have a real fire.  Four of our boys earned their Arrow of Light!  I’m proud of them.  As soon as pack meeting was over, the girls and I drove over to Sky Harbor Airport to be there as Hunter come home from his mission in Russia.  It was fun to be with Penny’s family and witness their family reunion.  Penny asked me to put together a video of his arrival so I did.  I hope she liked it.

Wednesday the 16th I invited my friend from my ward Sharley Loose and her little kids over to visit and play.  It was fun to get to know her better.  I admire her kind, quiet personality and I hope to become close friends with her.  That evening Bryant, the girls and I went to watch Chad and the rest of the bishopric and the YW dads play kick ball against the young women at the church softball fields.  It was a fun evening.

Thursday the 17th Bryant had a home soccer game.  He got to play the whole second half!  He’s been working hard by practicing extra at home and has earned some playing time.  He didn’t get to play at all during the first two games.  Friday Bryant had a campout here in the desert.  Chad and I went to eat at Rodizio Grill, Mesa’s new Brazilian restaurant, with our good friends the Moody’s.  It was delicious!  

Saturday Chad had to go conduct the monthly 8 year old baptisms then he and I went to the temple and did sealings.  We did some of the family names that Bryant and Spencer found.  If anyone would like to help us do some endowments they have found LOTS of names.  It is going to us a couple years to complete them all ourselves.  

Last Sunday evening I did not write because we invited Chad’s siblings who are in town come over for dinner and to visit.  It was a special treat that Hayley and Nick and their baby Liberty were here visiting from Idaho.  We had a nice dinner, even if it had to start late because it took longer than I expected to cook two lasagnas instead of one.  Now I know.  Nick had all the kid’s attention with his fun card tricks.  He’s such a good Uncle!  

My kids had the whole week off of school this week.  When our school changed to the modified year round schedule a year and a half ago they gave us 2 weeks off for Fall and Spring Break plus all of Thanksgiving week off.  I love it.  Monday we had our family pictures taken by our good friend Melissa Lantz.  I am looking forward to seeing how they turned out.  Tuesday Spencer had his first JV basketball game.  He got to play most of the game.  Their team won by about 20 points.  Wednesday we fed the sister missionaries.  When I asked them what they would like to eat, they requested Mexican food so I made cheese enchiladas and crockpot ranch chicken tacos. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving.  We met at the stake center at 10:00 and played volleyball.  I came home around 11:00 to cook the mashed potatoes.  We ate dinner a little after noon and then had the traditional Sanders’ family snowball fight with the snow balls Brenda buys from Bahama Bucks.  Later that evening the family came over to our home to watch movies.  The little kids watched Finding Dory while the adults and older kids watched Captain America Civil War (Chad just told us that those were the top grossing movies this year.) on the projector screen Chad set up with a white sheet in the living room.  He recently purchased a nice little $100 projector for presentations he has to give at work.  Too bad for me he didn’t wait until I could buy it for him for Christmas because now I don’t know what to get him.  It was fun to be together with extended family members for the majority of the day.

Friday Chad had to work.  I got a health screening at Walgreens so we could get cheaper insurance premiums through Chad’s work next year.  I don’t remember much else we did that day.

Yesterday we set up our Christmas decorations.  That took a majority of the day.  That evening Chad and I did a session at the temple and went out to dinner for date night.  I had a lot of interesting new thoughts stick out to me during the session.  However, now as I’m thinking about it I can’t remember what it was that stood out to me.  Good thing I can go back again and again as many times as I would like as long as I stay worthy.

My quote for today is a joke that Chad just looked up and told the boys and me.  
What is the worst thing about being lonely?  Playing Frisbee.
 And here’s a bonus joke.  
I can’t believe I forgot to go to the gym today.  That’s 7 years in a row.

Love,
Mindy


No comments: