Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Phone, Walks, Gardening, Train ride

Chad and I got new cell phones about a week ago when we renewed our contract. We are excited that the new phones have a camera and an MP3 player in them. Now we can take pictures of our kids almost anywhere since we carry our phones with us most of the time.

My old phone is on the left, the shiny blue one is my new phone.

These are the pictures I took to use as screen savers on my phone.

We have also been taking walks quite a bit for my exercise since the weather is so nice. Our route is around 2 miles and takes about 30 minutes. The kids are such troopers to stay back with their slow Mommy. I keep my phone with me in case I unexpectedly go into labor and so I can keep them entertained by taking their picture. I am determined to keep exercising through this whole pregnancy in hopes that it will make my delivery go more smoothly.





Karalee is learning so many nice things from her brothers!

We got our garden planted yesterday. (Chad tried to get it ready for us last Saturday, but he hit our waterline on accident and then spent lots of time repairing it. After it was fixed we had to let everything dry out for a week.) We planted 7 tomato plants, some green onion seed, jalapeno seed, Anaheim chili seed, yellow squash seeds, and zucchini seeds in the garden, then we also planted cilantro seed in a little planter, one strawberry plant in a planter (we aren't sure if it is the right time for strawberries) and some cucumber seed in our flower bed in the front yard. (I haven't felt like getting on my knees while pregnant to plant flowers.) We planted lots of cucumbers. I hope to learn to bottle pickles when they are ready, especially my mom's bread and butter pickles.


This afternoon Chad pulled the kids around on a blanket train ride for awhile. They loved it!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I think it's great that you've planted a garden. The phone looks fun, and the pictures of the kids are very cute. I hope everything goes well with your delivery. It's coming right up!

Jennifer said...

:) FUN stuff!!!!

sandra said...

The garden looks great... good luck on the harvest! And who doesn't like blanket rides? The best is when you can train the older ones to do it! :)

Deanne said...

I didn't know you could plant so much in four small rows. Pretty cool. I want to try a garden this year but I do not have a green thumb. I guess I"ll have to learn sometime.