Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gila Valley Temple Open House

On Monday I took the kids to go see the Gila Valley Temple, as they are having an open house at this time. Chad was not able to take of work, so thankfully three of Chad's sisters, and his brother Devin and family wanted to make the trip with us. I would have had a terrible time trying to keep my children reverent by myself. When we saw the baptismal font both Bryant and Karalee were sorely tempted by the water. They kept creeping their way closer to it trying to touch it. Luckily the didn't. It was nice to be in the temple with my children. I hope each of them will have a desire to enter and make sacred covenants for themselves when they get old enough.

It was fun to go back the Gila Valley area again. I have so many memories from the year I went to college there. I saw a few people I know from that area, I love that about small towns, and I saw some friends from our ward and stake who happened to go on the same day as us.







I don't know why the boys have these expressions on the faces. I guess they were just being silly.



2 comments:

The Hoopers said...

We went to the open house as well. This post reminded me of our year together at good ol' EA. Thanks for the great and fun example you were to me. That was an awesome year. So many giggly nights. BTW I almost never sleep under my clothes anymore! LOL

Deanne said...

I can't believe how big Marlee is now. I'm glad you got to take your kids to the Open House.