Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Joseph's Birthday

Yesterday was Joseph's birthday. If he was alive he would be 9 years old now. We went and visited his grave last night for FHE and had a picnic dinner at a nearby park.  We had a lesson about the Plan of Salvation on our drive to the cemetary. 

I felt kind of sad yesterday, more so than I have for a long time. I think part of it was that I had a crazy, busy day. I was running from one thing to another and Tilly wasn't very happy in the car after the first couple of errands.  Those kind of days are always hard.  Another part is that I felt kind of like Joseph was forgotten and that not many people remember his birthday.  Last night when Chad and I finally got a chance to talk we reminisced about the day he was born and I remembered how all the family was in the hospital giving us support, helping us through that difficult time, and meeting Joseph for the brief time that he was with us.  That memory brought me comfort.  It is good to know that I have family that love and support me when I need them most. 

Today is Marlee's birthday.  Joseph and Marlee have back to back birthdays.  I'll post pictures of her day later.  Here are the pictures we took last night at the cemetary.


Karalee is such a beauty!

  Marlee liked all the planes that were flying overhead. 


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I remember Joseph. :) My due date with the baby I lost was March 26th. You were at the hospital having Bryant while I was there for a miscarriage. I remember.

He is a beautiful little baby boy. I remember holding him and bouncing him as I did (out of habit).

Love you guys!