Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

I'm Back!!

I've been away from this blog for a long time!  I started a different blog, but decided to delete it and just keep this one instead.  Here are a few things I've been up to this week. 

Last night I made a yummy, yummy scalloped potato dish that my lactose intolerant kids could eat.  The only dairy in it came from cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups.  Thankfully they can handle the dairy in the cream soups for some reason.  The recipe is a cross between my Mother-in-law Brenda's scalloped potato recipe and the Campbell's kitchen recipe.  This is a yummy Fall/Winter comfort food.

Sanders' Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

Ingredients
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed into small bite size cubes

1 t. Montreal steak seasoning
1 T oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 t. minced garlic
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
1/2 soup can water
Cooked ham (I used 1 whole Kirkland ham steak, they come in a 3 pack or maybe only 2 pack at Costco)
Approx. 1 cup frozen peas

Directions
Peel and cube the potatoes.  Put them in a pot and completely cover them with water, adding the Montreal steak seasoning.  Bring them to a boil until the potatoes are done, but FIRM.  While the potatoes are boiling, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a small pan.  Cook until the onions are dead (no longer crunchy).  When the potatoes are finished cooking, drain them (some of the steak seasoning will still be on the potatoes) and put them into a 9X13 pan along with the cooked onions and garlic.  Add the soups, water, cooked ham, and frozen peas.  Stir the ingredients in the pan until they are combined well.  Bake at 350 until it is warm all the way through, probably about 30 minutes.   

Yesterday I also made some "art" to hang in my bathroom.  Not sure if it's actually art, but I don't know what else to call it.  I was inspired to make it when I listened to THIS talk by Sister Linda S. Reeves in the General Relief Society Meeting last Sat. night.


If anyone would like a copy feel free to use it, print it, whatever.  If it doesn't print well from the blog, you can leave a comment with your email and I'll send it to you.

I hope all is well with you and your families.  I'm not sure if anyone even will read this blog anymore since I haven't posted for so long.  If you read this, I'd love it if you leave a comment.  Even if its just to say hi.

-Mindy





 

No comments: