Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Joseph's 11th Birthday

Joseph's 11th birthday was yesterday.  He and my father-in-law Arthur Sanders share a name and a birthday.  A few weeks ago in talking with Art I found out that he didn't know about the scrapbook and pictures we have of our little angel baby, so I scanned in my scrapbook pages and made him THIS book, had it printed, and presented it to him at their joint birthday party I hosted for them on Monday evening.  Yesterday I added a few other pictures of our family visiting his graveside over the years.  I wish I would have remembered to add those into the book I had printed for Art.  :(



This week has been very emotional for me.  Most of Joseph's birthday weeks aren't particularly hard on me, but I've had an extra busy week so the stress brought out lots of emotion.  My niece Sarah happened to share her experience about loosing her baby Alma on Facebook this week as well and while it was healing for me to read her experience it also brought my memories closer to the surface.  I feel such a bond with Sarah and Jayze and with all parents who have lost a child.  It is good that we have each other to help bear one another's burdens, but more importantly it is good that we have the Savior who "hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows" (Isaiah 53:4) and whose atonement has made it possible for us to be eternal families.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Mindy,
This post made me cry. Knowing that it's such a hard anniversary for you has kept you in my thoughts all week. I also read Sarah's blog about Alma, and it just reminded me again of the fact that some hurts never completely go away, although we may feel peace about them, they can still be painful.
I sure admire you. I know for a fact that your generosity during that hard time for them made a huge difference for our family. Thank you for using your pain to reach out in such a compassionate and understanding way. You are incredible.