Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Letter - P.S. Apparently I have a lot of free time.

P.S.  I forgot to add that Chad got a new calling in church today.  He is a primary worker.  He was hoping for that calling.  I love that he loves primary.  I also forgot to add something funny one of my Beehives told me on Tuesday when we were rehearsing a special musical number that a few of the young women will be singing at our New Beginnings this week.  Before we started we were talking about personal progress and the virtue project of reading the Book of Mormon.  I told the girls that if they read 2 pages a day then they can finish the Book of Mormon in less than a year.  I told them how I start at the top of the left page and read two pages every day without worrying about chapters.  One of my Beehives said, “Well you have more free time than me.  I have to get up and go to school every day.”  I’ve been laughing about that all week!  Sometime in one of my lessons I want to tell all my YW that if you don’t read the scriptures with the time you’ve got, you’ll never read the scriptures with the time you’ll get.  That’s a spin on my Aunt Nerita’s quote.  “If you don’t give with what you’ve got, you’ll never give with what you’ll get.”   

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Bwahahahaha!! I think it's hilarious what a teenager's perspective of motherhood is. She probably thinks you sit around eating bonbons and watching TV all day, too. (you know, along with reading your scriptures once in a while).
Love it!