Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Search For the Perfect Snickerdoodle Recipe is Over!!

I've been wanting a good snickerdoodle recipe for quite some time now, and I've finally found one!  My friend Nicole shared this snickerdoodle recipe with me this week.  (She said she got it on pinterest.)  It makes perfect snickerdoodle cookies!!  Try it, I think you'll like it.


Best Snickerdoodle Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter-flavored Crisco sticks)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons white vinegar or lemon juice (I used lemon juice)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons white sugar/cinnamon (equal parts)

Directions:
Cream butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Add in the flour, lemon juice or vinegar, soda and salt.

Let dough chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Shape dough into balls.  Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.  Roll balls of dough in the cinnamon-sugar.   Place 12 large balls of dough apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake 12-13 minutes, or until cracks are formed but dough still looks a little bubbly. Remove immediately from oven and let cool on baking sheets for about a minute before transferring to a wire rack.  Makes approx. 2 dozen large cookies.

No comments: