Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Letter - Joseph's and Marlee's birthdays, Karalee's First Women's Conference

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The kids, minus Spencer are all in bed and it’s time to write my letter.

Last Sunday evening we had a nice visit at Joseph’s grave.  On the way there I decided maybe we should sing a song or something.  Usually our visit is nice, but kind of … lacking.  We really don’t know what to do while we are there other than look at his headstone and eat a treat.  So this year when we were there we sang Families can be Together Forever and then Marlee said, “no we need to sing happy birthday.”  It was perfect!  I don’t know why we’ve never done that before, but it made all the difference in our visit.  It finally felt right in my heart.  I love my little Marlee girl.  She has such a tender heart.  As I’ve thought more about it this experience, I realized that there have been many times and continue to be times in the whole experience of losing Joseph where I’m at a loss of what to do.  There is no guidebook.  Sometimes I wish there was.  It is good when we can find something that works and feels right.

The kids playing Legos together last Sunday.  They are learning to play well together!!!
As you can see Karalee was not thrilled about being in the picture.  :)
On Monday Marlee, Tilly and I went to visit Puring.  We decided to read to her since it is kind of hard to carry on a conversation with her.  She has been very lonely since her accident.  Sometimes she calls me two or three times a day.  After reading to Puring I trimmed six of our bushes out front.  I must have over done it because I started to hurt really badly the next day.  I think I get dehydrated easily and that sets my muscles off into spasms.  Monday evening Spencer got hired to mow the neighbor’s back yard.  Their yard is pretty good sized and their grass was very long.  It took him two hours just to edge and mow.  They paid him $20.

At Bryant's piano lesson on Monday he graduated from the simplified Hymn book to the normal Hymn book!
Tuesday I went over to read a few more pages to Puring after she called that morning.  I had my normal chiropractor visit and used up a missed visit for a 30 minute massage since I was hurting.  Spencer had a game that afternoon.  He dribbled the soccer ball up the whole field and scored a goal!!  That evening the laurels played bingo with their secret relief society sisters for mutual and revealed who the secret sisters were.  After mutual, Chad and I played volleyball at the church with our friends.  It was sure fun to play again after two weeks off.  I didn’t want to let my hurt muscles stop me from playing.

On Wednesday the girls had Grammy days after which I went visiting teaching.  My new partner, Megan Sedillo, is one of my former laurels.  It is her first experience visiting teaching.  I hope I can set a good example and help her learn to love it.  That night we had an enjoyable night at home!!

Rocking Tilly to sleep on Wednesday afternoon.
Thursday was Joseph’s b-day.  Thank you Jennie and Amy for the texts that day letting me know that you remembered his birthday.  It meant a lot to me.  That morning Marlee, Tilly and I planted some more plants in our little garden.  Marlee did a great job planting the onions and Tilly did a good job handing them to her one at a time.  I mopped and did laundry that day.  Glamorous I know.  That evening we had a RS birthday dinner.  It was a nice to have that celebration on Joseph’s birthday.  The program was very nice and I was very glad I went.

Friday was Marlee’s birthday.  She was so thankful for her gifts and would tell me thank you several times throughout the day.  I let her skip school that day and we met my Mom up in Mesa for lunch at Autumn Moon.  Amy and her younger kids joined us for lunch too.  Then we went shopping with my Mom at Costco.  When we got home Marlee said it was so much fun.  I agreed.  Our whole family met Amy and Mary and Sally for dinner at Chick-fil-a that evening.  Then they came over for birthday cake.  David and their boys were at Fathers and sons.







Yesterday Spencer and couple other young men in the ward got hired to move and empty some 50 lb. sand bags onto the playground at a day care nearby.  They worked for two hours and Spencer’s cut of the pay will be $25.  He’s almost done saving for his $200 scout camp fee.  Karalee had two birthday parties to attend yesterday and then she and I went to her first general women’s conference.  Afterwards we ate at Costa Vida and then went shopping for some Easter skirts.  It was a fun night with Karalee.

Marlee showing Puring her artwork in her new sketch book she got for her birthday.
The boys playing risk with their friend Davin.
Marlee playing dolls
Karalee's first General Women's Broadcast


Today has been a nice Sabbath Day.  My morning was filled with a long meeting, but this afternoon and evening have been very relaxing.  I finished reading “William J. Flake: Pioneer – Colonizer”.  I shared some of the stories I really liked on my blog.  If you’re interested you can read about it HERE.

Spencer trying to make his own Risk game.  He held a paper up to the computer and traced the game board.  I told the boys that I'd pay for a 1/3rd of the game if they each paid a 1/3.  Chad said he'd pay the 4th 1/3.  Ha ha.
Spencer dressed Tilly up in his old football jersey tonight.
My quote for today is from a different book I finished recently.  “The secret to happiness is having something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love” (Richard Paul Evans, Mistletoe Promise).  From my life experiences thus far, I feel this is true.

Love,
Mindy



No comments: