Search This Blog

Monday, May 12, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

After one week of Karalee crying bloody murder during each nap time/bed time because she doesn't have a pacifier anymore, she finally went to sleep without a fight. Here is the strategy that finally worked. I took her into her room and started rocking her while she ate a fruit snack. She had a drink of water and was content to rock until she fell asleep. There was no crying involved this time!!! I feel so blessed. And another great blessing, she didn't even cry when I transfered her from my arms into her bed. It is a great day!

Another great thing that happened today is that Spencer brought a note home from kindergarten today that says that he recently too the Morrison/McCall spelling test that measures a child's approximate level of spelling proficiency. He scored a 2nd grade 7 month score. Congratulations Spencer!!!

3 comments:

Trina said...

Hey Mindy!
I got your blog on my e-mail and was so excited! I love to see blogs! I love your too cute family picture!! This is Trina by the way from the ward. If you want to say hi my blog is trinalambson@blogspot.com.
See ya later. I hope you don't care if I stop by your blog every now and then:)

Mindy said...

You can stop by anytime. I am excited to see your blog too.

Jennifer said...

Way to go Spencer!...and Karalee too! Giving up the pacifier is hard but MAN it feels good to have Addie done with hers too! You are SO GOOD to have only eaten one Krispy Kreme. Talk about self control! I love those things!