Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Guess Who's Two?

Our little Karalee is two! We had a great time celebrating her birthday yesterday (Nov. 1st). She is such a fun girl and we feel so happy and blessed to have her in her in our family. Here are a few pictures we took of her birthday celebration.
Here's Karalee opening her gifts. As was custom in my home growing up, birthday gift's don't get wrapped very often. The kids just get to get them out of the bags.

Karalee checking out her remote control catapiller.

Karalee finally got her own bouncy ball. The boys each bought one a few weeks ago with their own money and now Karalee has one that won't get taken away from her by her big brothers.

Trying out the catapiller. The catapiller was a huge hit! I think the boys were jealous.


Karalee eating her birthday breakfast of oatmeal. She usually loves it, but yesterday decided she didn't like it so...

Here was her next choice, Captain Crunch.

Spencer decided to make some decorations for Karalee's birthday. He drew her tons of pictures and wrote her some nice letters and taped them up on the walls.

Here are a few of the decorations from Spencer.

I painted Karalee's toenails for her. She is starting to love nail poilish and makeup. I tried to get her to take off Spencer's flip flops for the picture, but she wanted them on.

Karalee blowing out her candles. We put her candles in a sugar cookie that Amy brought us on Halloween. Karalee didn't have a cake this year for two reasons. #1 - She doesn't like cake much. #2 - I couldn't bear the thought of making any more dessert after all the sugar we ate on Halloween. Hopefully having a birthday the day after Halloween won't turn out to be bad when she gets older.


When the frosting was gone, she was done.


5 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Eating just frosting, that is my kind of girl. Looks like she had a good time. I love the decorations from her brother. So sweet.

Amy said...

Yea, I'm glad that cookies were useful! I tried a new recipe and had to add a lot more flour in order to be able to roll them out because the dough was so sticky. I thought they were okay, but I'll have to find a new recipe.

Heather Sanders said...

Happy Birthday Karalee! I wish i could have been there!!!

Hayley Sanders said...

ahh i miss her soooooo much. She is so cute. Happy Birthday Karalee. I cant believe she is already two. She is growing up so fast :) love ya

Deanne said...

It looks like a birthday success. The caterpillar is cute! I think Spencer is so sweet for making decorations for Karalee.