Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Crazy Morning

Today I had a very crazy morning. My new washer and dryer were delivered. I am so excited for them. I have never had any brand new major appliances until today!!

Very entertaining! I would say cheap entertainment, but it wasn't cheap.

After they were installed and I got the laundry started I looked out my kitchen window a saw lots of water in the back yard. I went out side to find where it was coming from.
One of our valves to the sprinkler system broke and when I pulled off the cover I noticed there was a snake in the wires. It didn't like the water and was trying to keep dry.

I got the water turned off then I decided to catch the snake to get it away from the house. After last years scare of finding a snake in the garage and then catching it in the laundry room I decided catching this snake would be way less scary then worrying about it getting me or the kids in the house. So, I grabbed a pair of tongs and gave the camera to Bryant, after a few unsuccessful, very scary tries I got the snake and started walking to the edge of the yard so I could throw it in the canal behind our house. The snake started wiggling and coming towards my arm because I was holding it too far in the middle and I got scared and I threw it down. It landed by the lemon tree. I got up the courage again and I caught it. This time I caught it right behind the head, with the tongs of course. I told Bryant to hurry and take the picture and then I threw it in the canal. I should have killed it, but I was too scared to let it down because it might get me or get away. Anyway it was quite the adventure and it built a lot of character. Sometimes I get tired of building so much character.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, you are pretty brave. I don't know if I would be brave enought o pick up a snake or not!

Jennifer said...

I don't like snakes...no matter the size! I don't know if Brendan Cluff's family blog is private or not, but you can get to it from ours...anyhow...Katie did a post about a rattle snake he killed right by there house. SO scary! I keep hoping to NEVER run into one of those!

Chris and Kristy said...

Yuck! You are one brave woman. Props to you and a wish for a much calmer morning in your future. Oh yes-I love the washer and dryer too! Perhaps laundry will be a little more bearable and do I dare say "fun?"

Anna said...

Wow! This made me cringe and laugh out loud. I know what you mean about getting tired of building character. But I guess it's for our good, right?