Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Kitty Cats

About a week ago we got three kitty cats. We have been having a big problem with gophers in our yard and so I thought it was time to bring in the heavy artillery. :) I got the cats from craigs list. All three of them are outside cats, they have all been fixed, and are all litter box trained.

The first day they got here Skitty ran under mine and Chad's bed. We couldn't get him out for a long time. He was scared and so he started scratching and biting us. Finally we took the mattress and box spring off the frame and got him outside.

That same night the two males, Skitty and Mario (formerly known as Hercules), jumped over the fence. The female, Tiny (who happens to be really fat), stayed around for a day or two. We see Mario and Tiny come around when in the evenings when we feed them, but we still haven't seen Skitty. I think he might come in the middle of the night, but unless we set up a camera or something we may never know.

It is fun to see the kids enjoy their new pets. I am glad they are such low maintenance. Here are the pictures I tried to get of the kids and the cat. The kids are a little afraid of picking up the cat because of the bites and scratches Chad and I got when we were trying to get Skitty out of the house.



Can you believe how tan Karalee is? It is still the start of the summer. If I get pulled over I better have her birth certificate with me so she doesn't get sent to Mexico. :)

No comments: