Search This Blog

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Triathlon

I completed a triathlon today! It was a great experience to train for something for so long and to be able to accomplish my goal. I don't think I would consider the tri fun, but it was very rewarding to have trained for something that was so hard and that all my hard work paid off. My goal was to finish in 2 hours, I had a time of 1:54:19. I was able to beat my fastest swim time by almost a minute. My bike was a little bit slower than normal, but I had to stop for a little while to report a guy who was exposing himself to the racers, which was very violating to me. My run was ok, I had to walk a lot because I had a horrible side ache, my legs were ok and I wasn't too out of breath, but I couldn't push past the pain. I kind of wish I would have done better on that part, but at least I didn't hurt when I walked.

I got a little choked up and almost started crying at the end of the race because I have come so far--last year at this time I was still wearing a neck brace and walking with a cane, my back and neck would hurt when I would stand up during the time it took to make dinner--but I had to make myself stop crying because it was cutting off my air flow too much.

I don't know if I'll ever do another triathlon, but I am not saying never.

My sister Celeste and I before the race

My sisters-in-law Annalyn, Hayley and I before the race

We did it!!!



My big finish!!

6 comments:

Michelle Johnston said...

WOW, Mind I am SOOOOO proud of you. I honestly dont think I will ever be able to do that. You ROCK! Go get yourself a big Dairy Queen Blizzard or something yummy you have been denying yourself all year:) Too Cool. Way to go!

larainydays said...

Mindy you are amazing! That is so cool.

Anna said...

Awesome job, Mindy! That's an accomplishment to be proud of.

Carey said...

Congratulations Mindy:) :) :)
I am so excited for you and your amazing accomplishment! Wow! Yay for you! Way to go!!!

Jennifer said...

That's so awesome that you trained for that and your time was great! And look at how amazing you look! Good job! I'd love to be more active and fit than I am....to be honest I am really drepressed right now that I am not. I guess there's a time and a season for everything......you've come a long way in the past year!

Melis said...

Mindy! You are a Super Wonderwoman! Seriously. I really admire you for setting that goal and achieving it...especially after your accident. This is very inspiring. I needed to read this today. Thanks.