Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Personal Progress - Faith Value Project

October 21, 2015

For my Faith Value Project I was asked to read Alma 32:28-43.  Then to think of faith as a seed as I help plant, care for, and harvest a vegetable garden.  Then to record in my journal how I can nourish, care for, and strengthen my faith. 

My garden experience: I planted a pumpkin patch earlier this year.  I prepared the ground, nourished the seed and weeded the garden.  I was excited about the garden and looked forward to letting my children pick their own pumpkin around Halloween time.  The plants grew, they flowered, but they didn’t produce fruit.  I think all of the plants were male plants.  Next time I will need to select better seeds.

How to Nourish, Care for, and Strengthen Faith:
v  Give place that a seed may be planted in your heart
v  Seek a good seed
v  Prepare the ground
v  Do not cast the seed out by unbelief
v  Do not resist the Spirit of the Lord
v  Feel
v  Say within yourself it is a good seed
v  Let it enlarge your soul
v  Let it enlighten your understanding
v  Let it be delicious to you
v  Let it swell, sprout, and grow
v  If a seed growth it is good
v  If it growth not, behold it is not good, therefore cast it away
v  Discern the light, whatsoever is light is good
v  Nourish the growing seedling with great care that it may get root
v  Think about the seedling
v  Do not neglect the seedling
v  Protect the seedling from danger
v  Look forward to the fruit thereof
v  Be diligent
v  Have patience
v  Have faith
v  Pluck the fruit
v  Feast upon the fruit
v  Be filled
v  Wait for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you


No comments: