Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Personal Progress - Individual Worth value experience #2

October 29, 2015

Personal Progress Individual Worth value experience #2

Patriarchal blessings are given to worthy members of the Church by ordained patriarchs.  Some reasons why I got my patriarchal blessings is so I could know what lineage in the house of Israel I was in and so I could receive personal counsel from the Lord to me.  As I study my patriarchal blessing and follow the counsel it contains, it provides guidance, comfort, and protection.  When I was in college, my original major was dental hygiene.  During my first semester of biology I realized that I didn’t like, nor had I ever liked biology or science and so I knew I needed to pick a new major.  I prayed and read my patriarchal blessing as I chose a new major.  My blessing guided me to choose an education degree since it said I had the qualities of a great teacher.  My blessing has helped me feel important to Heavenly Father.  It helps me know that I am His daughter and that I have worth because He wants to guide me back to Him. 

To receive a patriarchal blessing you should be prepared.  Here are ways that will help you be prepared.
  1. Be a worthy, baptized member of the Church.
  2. Have a desire to receive a blessing.
  3. Understand the promises in the blessing given to Abraham.
  4. Be mature enough to appreciate the blessing you will receive.
  5. Go to the bishop for an interview and receive a recommend from him.
  6. Soon after your interview with the bishop, make an appointment with the patriarch assigned to your stake.
  7. Prepare yourself by studying the scriptures, fasting, and praying.
  8. Pray for the patriarch to be inspired.


No comments: