Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Snowflake Pioneer Day Parade


The Jake Flake Family had a float again in the Pioneer Day Parade this year, but instead of a "Vote for Jake" float we had a "Jake Flake's Family Thanks You" float. We even had new t-shirts made for everyone in the family. (84 people!) The shirts said Thanks from Jake and they were printed to look like the Vote for Jake t-shirts. My mom came up with the idea of the float to say thank you to all who have given my dad such a good send off and who have helped so much with meals, cards, flowers, etc. It was kind of fun to be in the parade so I could see friends all along the way. I would stop to visit for awhile and then I would have to catch up with Chad.

My Mom was the Grand Marshall

3 comments:

Melis said...

Mindy, I thought that was such a great Idea! It gave me chills when you all passed by. We sure miss your Dad! We think a lot of him.

I loved all of the videos you did of the rodeo!

Deanne said...

That is such an awesome thing for your family. I got teary eyed reading this post. You have a great family!

Jennifer said...

The float turned out awesome huh!?