Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Missing My Daddy

Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013

Dear Dad, 

You’ve been gone over five years now and most of the time I’m ok, I know that I will see you again because our family is eternal and that is enough to keep the grief at bay.  But today as I was driving down the freeway alone, I thought of you and started missing you so badly I started to cry and couldn’t compose myself for a while.  I miss seeing you play with my children and my nieces and nephews.  You were such a fun Grandpa.  All your grandkids loved you and your booming voice.  I miss getting your praise and your advice.  I miss your giant hugs and your priesthood blessing and the comfort they always brought me.  I miss seeing you with Mom.  She misses you so much.  While I am not in a hurry to lose her too, I will be glad when you can be reunited again. I miss your knowledge of the gospel, your leadership in every area you were involved in, and your knowledge of the family history of almost everyone in Arizona.  I miss seeing you on a horse, working cattle.  You’re a great cowman.  I’m grateful I got to grow up working cattle with you, learning life lessons in the process.  I miss going to visit you at the State Capitol and the free perks that came with your position. :) You're a great statesman.  I am so thankful for the stability you and Mom gave me.  The older I get, the more I realize how blessed I am for growing up in your home.  I am grateful for a husband who was raised by good parents and has many of the good qualities that you have and gives these blessing to my children, your grandchildren. Thank you for being a wonderful father to me.  I’m very glad that you’re my dad. 

Love,
Mindy   

No comments: