Search This Blog

Sunday, November 17, 2013

News for this Week


Sunday, November 17, 2013

8:34am 

This week has been kind of stressful for me.  There have been some arguments between my loved ones and I don’t do well with conflict, especially between those I love.  It stresses me out.  

Last Sunday night we had fun staying up late playing games since we didn’t have school or work the next day.  We played scum, did flippos and at one point Chad taught the boys the game where you have to take turns trying to keep a coin spinning and whoever makes it stop has to put their knuckles on the table and let someone slide the coin hard across the table into their knuckles.  So it’s the coin version of bloody knuckles I guess.  I played for a little while until I got hit and my knuckle started to bleed and I realized that I don’t like those kinds of games anymore.  The boys liked it though.


Spencer being silly while we're playing scum

Doing flippos.  Chad's Mom used to do flippos with Chad and his brothers and sisters when they were little.





Monday was Veteran’s day.  Chad had the day off work.  We played at the park in Power Ranch with a bunch of our friends.  It was a really nice break.

I love the flags that our HOA pays our ward's scouts to put up for every "flag worthy" holiday on the main street in our neighborhood.  I wonder if Chad loves them since he has to help put them up and take them down?  Probably not so much.













On Tuesday Puring showed up for her 2:30 discussion at 1:00pm, an hour and a half early.  I said Puring, “I still have to get Tilly down for a nap and take a shower.”  She said in her broken English, “that’s ok, I come in you shower.”  She cracks me up.  She gets so lonely over at her place (she lives 3 doors down) and I didn’t have the heart to turn her away.  She sat with me in the family room while I rocked Tilly to sleep.  Then while I showered she “watched my pictures” that’s the phrase she used when she said she was going to look at the pictures on my wall.  When she saw the picture of our family with Gov. Jan Brewer we had taken awhile back she asked about it then held up her index finger and said “She do this to Obama and started laughing.”  It was funny.  The more I get to know about her the more I realize that she’s more aware of things than I gave her credit for when I first met her.  Her discussion went well.  She’s still set for baptism on Nov. 30th.     

On Wednesday I penned this letter to my Dad after feeling particularly stressed on Tuesday.  I think all my emotions had been swirling around and just needed a release.  I felt better after my good cry described in the letter. 

Thursday I took Puring to Walmart.  She wanted to buy some warm stockings for church.  Marlee threw a huge fit about the clothes she chose to wear all the way there, but because we were pressed for time I wouldn’t take her back home to change, although, I wouldn’t have taken her back home to change even if we had lots of time.  She finally calmed down when we got there, but Puring got to hear her throw a good fit.  Thursday afternoon I visit taught my friend Chelsea.  I love her and her family.
Friday Chad and I went to the temple to do sealings for our date.  We hadn’t been to the temple together for quite some time.  It was so nice.  We went to eat at Macaroni Grill afterwards.  I hadn’t eaten there for quite a while.  When I was single and when Chad and I were first married that was such a fancy restaurant for me.  It’s still pretty fancy, but I don’t like the food that well anymore, or maybe I just ordered the wrong thing.  I don’t know.  When we got home from our date, Bryant came up to me and sighed really big.  I asked him what was wrong.  He said he was bored while we were gone and had wanted to do something with his friends.  I said, “What, mine and Daddy’s dates aren’t working for you?”  He said it would work better for him if we went out on Saturday nights so he could do something with his friends on Friday nights.  That sounds reasonable.  I guess as my kids get older I’ll have to make sure their needs to socialize and have fun get met but I’ll make sure mine and Chad’s need for a date night is met too. It’s fun to watch my children grow older and see our family move into the next phase of life.

When we went shopping at the Queen Creek Target on Friday I pointed the cute candy cane decorations they put up to the girls.  Marlee asked, "Can I lick them?"  I told her no.  It was funny until she got out of the car and went over and licked one. So Gross.
Yesterday I had a fun morning at our ward’s “souper” Saturday craft day.  We crafted all morning and then had delicious soups.  My sister-in-law Macaia and niece Mason came too.  I was glad to have them.  It was so nice to visit with the wonderful sisters in my ward.  It’s was therapeutic for me.  I’m blessed with many incredible women in my ward that are my dear friends.  Yesterday afternoon all three kids had soccer games.  Next weekend will be the end of the soccer season.  I’m kind of glad for the break, but not as glad as I have been in the past.  This season hasn’t been as stressful for me as past seasons have been because I don’t have a nursing baby and the kids are older and more helpful now. 
Bryant #14
 
 
 
 
Karalee about the kick the ball in.

 
Yesterday afternoon I noticed our hot water heater was leaking from the spot on the bottom.  Thankfully, it was a very slow leak and hadn’t done too much damage.  It got our carpet in the family room a little bit wet but we’ve pulled it up and it’s drying.  Chad researched how to change the spout and went and bought the $4 part.  It’s an easy fix for now, and we have hot water again, but we’re going to have to have someone come look at the mold on the base that the hot water heater sits on.  It looks kind of yucky and the base looks like it been warped pretty badly and might be kind of unstable now.  We will probably have to get a new hot water heater soon too.  I’m thankful to my brother Tyler who I called to get advice and a plumber recommendation.  I’m also very thankful to Chad.  I was feeling kind of put out and stressed because I had a sink full of dirty dishes that we were going to have to boil water to be able to wash by hand since the dishwasher won’t work with the hot water turned off, and the family room was torn apart, and the kids needed their Saturday night baths.  (A dirty house causes me way too much stress for some reason.)  Chad boiled the water for the kids’ baths and then went to work on the water heater.  I moved the family room furniture into a better arrangement that wouldn’t leave me feeling so claustrophobic and stressed out, I loaded the dishwasher in hopes that we would get the hot water heater running again and washed the rest of the dishes by hand with some hot water heated on the stove.  We got the floor swept and mopped and the house was in good shape by the end of the night (midnight to be exact).  I am so grateful for Chad’s calming influence on me.  He’s so kind and patient when I get stressed and does all he can to ease my uneasiness. 

 
 
After everything was resolved I felt guilty for being so put out about not having hot water.  I mean come on; at least I had running water and a home.  It’s not like I was out on the plains for months and months like the pioneers.  I’m a spoiled baby sometimes. J
 
4:19pm
 
I’m back.  I had to stop to get ready for church and then to go to church.  We had a nice sacrament meeting today.  We heard about the details of the temple open house.  We only had 8-9 kids in the nursery today and they all got along well and sat nicely for music time and then for the lesson.  I love teaching in the nursery. 
 
My quote for today is the text of the hymn “Father, Cheer Our Souls Tonight.” I read the words to the 1st and 2nd verses as I played this hymn for the prelude music in Sacrament meeting today. (I played it twice.)  It’s beautiful.  
“Father, cheer our souls tonight;
Lift our burdens, make them light.
Let thine all-pervading love
Shine upon us from above. 
Calm the surges of the soul;
Bid the dark waves backward roll.
Let us all thy mercies feel
Thru the pow'r thou dost reveal. 
Bless our loved ones far away;
Grant them health and peace, we pray.
In their hearts let holy light
Beam to guide their steps aright. 
Let implicit faith and trust
Help us know thy ways are just.
May thine ever-tender love
Lead our hearts to thee above.” 
Love,
Mindy


2 comments:

Celeste Dana said...

I don't know how I've never heard that hymn before. Thanks for posting it. I think I'll have our ward choir sing it next year.

Mindy said...

I hadn't heard it either. Just happened upon it as I was playing prelude.