Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Scripture of the Month Club

A few months ago, our family created a scripture of the month club.  Every month we memorize a new scripture.  I make a print outs with the scripture to tape on our fridge and bathroom mirrors.  When the kids memorize it and pass it off to me, they earn a prize.  If they pass each month's scripture off they get a party at the end of the year.  Would you like to join our club?  Here's the scripture for this month. 

Scripture of the Month

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

-Matthew 5:16


It has been so fun to have some of my nieces and nephews call me to pass the scriptures off the last few months.  I hope it helps them.  I think it will.  It has helped me.  Elder Scott promised, "Great power can come from memorizing scriptures. To memorize a scripture is to forge a new friendship. It is like discovering a new individual who can help in time of need, give inspiration and comfort, and be a source of motivation for needed change" (The Power of Scripture, Oct. 2011).
 
I will have a party for those who have been participating during Christmas break or after the new year.  Remember, it's never too late to join.  All ages are welcome.

No comments: