Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

Personal Progress – Knowledge value experience 1

Started on January 8, 2016  
Finished on January 15, 2016

Personal Progress – Knowledge value experience 1
Learn about the importance of gaining knowledge by reading Proverbs 1:5; 4:7;2 Nephi 28:30; and Doctrine and Covenants 88:78–80, 118; 90:15; 130:18–19;131:6. Think about why you need to gain knowledge and understanding about how to apply gospel principles to your present and future home and family life. Write in your journal what you have learned about knowledge, and discuss it with a family member or Young Women leader.

I need to gain knowledge and understanding about how to apply gospel principles to my present and future home and family life so I can help bring happiness to my family members and to myself.  Learning the gospel allows us to live the gospel and that brings blessings and happiness.

I have learned that to be wise I need to increase my learning and seek out counsel from other wise people. (Proverbs 1:5)

I have learned that it is important to gain wisdom and understanding.  (Proverbs 4:7)  I think this is important because understanding comes as you live what you learn.  That is how we grow and become more like Christ.

I have learned that God teaches his children line upon line, precept upon precept.  That is why we can continue to learn from the Book of Mormon each time we read it and each time we go to the temple even though we read and hear the same things each time.  When we receive what heavenly Father teaches us he gives us more knowledge.  When we say we have learned enough and don’t try to learn anymore our current knowledge is taken away.  (2 Nephi 28:30)  

I have learned that the Lord can give us knowledge about everything.  “Of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms.”  He does this so that we “may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission with which I have commissioned you.”  It is also important to seek out of the best books words of wisdom so that we can teach others to have faith with our wisdom.   That will take work, action and trust in the Lord.  (Doctrine and Covenants 88:78-80, 118)

I have learned that it is important to be organized, especially in my church callings.  It is commanded that we study and learn and to be acquainted with all good books, and with languages, tongues, and people.  To me that means I need to be familiar with those who I am sharing the gospel with.  I need to learn about them to be an effective gospel teacher. (Doctrine and Covenants 90:15)

I have learned that the intelligence we get in this life will rise with us in the resurrection.  I believe intelligence is the righteous and wise use of knowledge which comes through diligence and obedience.  Those who gain more knowledge and intelligence in this life will have an advantage in the world to come.  (D&C 130:18-19)


I have learned “it is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance” (D&C 131:6).  To me that means everyone will have to be taught, exercise faith, repent, be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost in order to be saved.  If people don’t get that opportunity in this life then there are missionaries that will teach them in the next life and temple work can be done for them by those who are living.  When we are taught, exercise faith, repent, get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost we are no longer ignorant and have the potential to be saved.

No comments: