Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

Personal Progress Virtue Value Experience #2

Dec. 22, 2015

Personal Progress Virtue Value Experience #2

Read the following scripture references and identify the promised blessings: John 14:26–2715:262 Nephi 32:1–5; and Doctrine and Covenants 45:57–5988:3–4121:45–46.In your journal record what you have learned, and write about a time when you felt the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

  • In John 14:26-27 I am promised that the Comforter, or the Holy Ghost, will teach me all things and bring all things to my remembrance.  It will also bring peace, calm my troubled heart and not let it be afraid.
  • In John 15:26 I am promised that the Comforter will testify of Christ.
  • In 2 Nephi 32:1-5 I am promised that after I receive the Holy Ghost I can speak with the tongue of angels, which are the words of Christ.  If I feast on the words of Christ they will tell me all things what I should do.  I need to ask and knock so I can understand the words.
  • In Doctrine and Covenants 45:57-59 I am promised that if I take the Holy Spirit for my guide I will not be deceived or hewn down and cast into the fire at the last day.  The earth will be given to me for an inheritance, I shall wax strong and my children shall grow up without sin unto salvation.  The Lord will be in my midst and his glory shall be upon me and he will be my king and lawgiver.  I imagine that if I don’t qualify for those blessings than Satan will be my lawgiver.  That is a scary thought.
  • In Doctrine and Covenants 88:3-4 I learn that the Comforter that I was given when I was baptized is the same comforter that the Lord gave unto is disciples in Bible times.  It is the promise of eternal life and the glory of the celestial kingdom.
  • In Doctrine and Covenants 121:45-46 I learn that if I am full of charity towards all men, let virtue garnish my thoughts at all times then my confidence will grow strong in the presence of God, the doctrine of the priesthood will distil upon my soul, the Holy Ghost shall be my constant companion, and my dominion shall be everlasting and without compulsory means it shall flow unto me forever and ever.



I have felt the guidance of the Holy Ghost each time it has been my turn to teach a combined young women lesson, which is every three months.  I have known what the Lord wanted me to teach to those sweet young women.  The topics have varied greatly, but I knew the Lord was guiding me to what He wanted me to teach them.  It has been a great blessing in my life.   I have also felt the Holy Ghost testify to me of the love that Heavenly Father has for them.  It has increased my love for them as I have felt that.

No comments: